Two-Way Dual Language Planning & 1st Year Institute
The institute is series of in-Person trainings and online trainings are for new schools and school leaders implementing Two-Way Dual Language Programing. Participates will work with other schools in a community of practice to share learning and coaching throughout the year. There will be two-day in-person Trainings with follow up online training and coaching throughout the year. Schools will work together to select program models and develop both the structures and curricula to begin implementation of an Elementary DLE Model. You may join the institute at any time, but it’s strongly recommended they attend the year prior to actual implementation (DLE program should begin at PK-1st grade and roll up one grade level each year).
• Understanding the history, purpose, research, and philosophies that serve as a foundation of a successful Two-Way Dual Language Program.
• Develop each school’s vision/mission for their TWDL education program founded on the principles of a Dual Language Education.
• Explore the key components of a TWDL Instructional Model including Language of the Day, School/Classroom environmental elements, instructional elements, sociolinguistic/social-emotionally balanced classrooms (Bilingual Pairs).
• Create a comprehensive development plan with resource allocations, Dual Language Classroom Schedule (PK-5th), and progress monitoring based on program benchmarks.
• Evaluate the six elements of planning needed to develop Challenging, Interactive and Authentic (CIA) Dual Language Classrooms with an understanding of conceptual refinement, specialized vocabulary activities, grading policy, and best practices for student/program assessment (report cards, testing).
• Two Days In-Person Training
• Monthly Online Coaching Sessions
• Monthly Community of Practice Sessions
• Personalized feedback on plans, documents, and policies
• Sample resources and documents
• One campus visit with feedback and support for improvement planning.
District leaders, principals, and teacher leaders.
$12,000 annually per school
What should I expect?
You can expect to receive the tailored your schools needs to successfully launch a TWDL program and with outstanding trainings in a fun community of learners.
Ready to take your next step?
Let’s bring Transformative Learning to you organization.
Purchase OptionsPlease contact us for invoicing and purchase options.